GTS Concrete & Aggregate Laboratory Technician
- This position involves performing concrete laboratory tests on construction materials under the direction of the laboratory manager.
- Concrete laboratory testing may include, but are not limited to, stripping and labeling samples, setting samples for curing, monitoring daily temperature logs, and breaking of samples.
- Additional tested materials included but are not limited to soils, concrete, rock, and geosynthetics.
- Process and prepare samples for testing.
- Comply with safety guidelines, maintenance of sample collection, location data, laboratory documentation, and logbooks.
- Communicates effectively with the laboratory manager, laboratory team, and clients.
- Maintains detailed documentation and data from test results.
- Computer proficiency for entry of data from testing in support of report preparation.
- You will be expected to work in a team environment with other staff members to maintain a clean and organized laboratory in compliance with QA/QC initiatives and accreditation requirements.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting with other laboratory functions as necessary.
- Lift more than 50 pounds
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime.
Education and Experience:
- S. Diploma / GED preferred.
- 0 – 2 years of related experience
- It is required that lab certifications applicable to the lab work performed be accomplished within the 90 day introductory period. Lab certifications applicable to the lab work performed must be successfully completed within 270 days of employment
- ACI Level 1 Certification
- Ability to lift, move, push, and pull 30 to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.