GTS Entry – Mid-Level Geochemical/Corrosion Technician
- Conduct physical and chemical testing alike in the support of the evaluation of soil, rock, and other earthen materials with regards to corrosion potential under the supervision of the laboratory manager.
- Additional tested includes but is not limited to the evaluation of concrete, aggregate, and geosynthetics.
- Process and prepare samples for testing.
- Comply with safety guidelines, maintenance of sample collection, location data, laboratory documentation, and logbooks.
- Communicates effectively with the laboratory manager, laboratory team, and clients.
- Maintains detailed documentation and data from test results.
- Computer proficiency for entry of data from testing in support of report preparation.
- You will be expected to work in a team environment with other staff members to maintain a clean and organized laboratory in compliance with QA/QC initiatives and accreditation requirements.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting with other laboratory functions as necessary.
- Lift more than 50 pounds
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geochemistry, Geology or closely related discipline
- Strong understanding of geology and chemistry
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Competent interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Proficient self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Graduate degree in geochemistry
- Experience in laboratory analysis
- Ability to lift, move, push, and pull 30 to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.