GTS Materials Technician
- This position involves performing laboratory tests of materials under the direction of the laboratory manager.
- Tested materials included but are not limited to soil, concrete, aggregate, geosynthetics and other materials.
- Process and prepare samples for testing.
- Comply with safety guidelines, maintenance of sample collection, location data, laboratory documentation, and logbooks.
- Communicates effectively with the laboratory manager, laboratory team, and clients.
- Maintains detailed documentation and data from test results.
- Computer proficiency for entry of data from testing in support of report preparation.
- You will be expected to work in a team environment with other staff members to maintain a clean and organized laboratory in compliance with QA/QC initiatives and accreditation requirements.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting with other laboratory functions as necessary.
- Lift more than 50 pounds
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime.
Education and Experience:
- S. Diploma / GED preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in construction testing / inspection of concrete, soil, asphalt, and/or masonry materials.
- Applicable ACI / ICC Certifications are highly desired.
- Must have Basic Math, Calculator and Computer Skills.
- Must be able to read and understand test instructions.
- Ability to lift, move, push, and pull 30 to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.